On 24 February, a group of people pelted stones and burnt down the homes of Muslims living in Khambat’s Akbarpura area. The incident charged the area with communal animosity. Acting on the incident, the police filed an FIR against 52 people of which 35 are Muslims.
Dalit leader Prakash Ambedkar, who is being wooed by the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party to join their alliance in Maharashtra, is demanding that the election manifesto of the secular combine promise a ban on the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
Actor-turned-politician Pawan Kalyan here on Thursday claimed, the BJP told him two years ago that there will be war before the Lok Sabha elections. Jana Sena chief revealed this while addressing an election rally in the Kadapa district.
“Ayodhya’s communal harmony is exemplary and should be an ideal for the world to follow.” This is what Gulnaaz Begum, 33, has to say as she sips her tea in the garden outside her home, located at a stone’s throw away from the disputed site.…
- BJP told me there will be war before Lok Sabha polls, said Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan: Report
- Amidst celebration for air strikes, masjid, Muslim houses attacked in Hapur
- During The India-Pakistan Tensions Social Media Fanned The Sentiments With a Generous Dose of Fake News
- ‘Do You Have Any Muslim Employee?’ Karachi Bakery’s Manager Recalls Terrifying Encounter With Goons
- Communal Violence: Police Raid on Muslims’ Houses in 2 Separate Incidents in Gujarat
- Ban on RSS is Prakash Ambedkar’s condition to join secular alliance
- Cow vigilantism a pretext for nationalists to target India’s Muslim minority, report says
- Gujarat Police Accused of Filing FIR against Victims after Muslims’ Homes Burnt Down in Khambat
- India: Christian convert beaten by Hindu villagers, beheaded by Maoist guerrillas
- Gujarat: Crimes against Dalits rise 32%, STs 55% in five years
Opinions & Editorials
- The Curious Case of PM Modi Speaking too Little, too Late in Face of Social Unrest – By Suhas Munshi
- How the fog of war has blinded journalists to their roles – By Salil Tripathi
- A Hindutva Empire is Worse Than 100 British Empires – Blaming Modi’s Aggression on 1940s Britain is Intellectual Cowardice – By Adam Garrie
- Made in India to Make in India: The Meanings of Moditva – By P.K. Vijayan and Karen Gabriel
- Open Season for Lynching – By Abhishek Kumar
- The Modi Years: What has happened to the Ayodhya dispute in the last five years? – By Shoaib Daniyal