Members of various opposition parties in a joint press conference held on Sunday, alleged that names of people belonging to downtrodden sections of society, like Dalits and other minorities, were missing from electoral rolls in Uttarakhand. The leaders claimed that the data emerged after an internal voter survey was conducted ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
The Supreme Court on Thursday granted bail to Bajrang Dal terrorist, Babu Bajrangi who was convicted in the 2002 massacre in the Naroda Patiya area of Ahmedabad, in which 97 Muslims were killed in broad daylight. Bajrangi had been serving a life sentence in the case, which occurred during the 2002 anti-Muslim genocide in Gujarat.… Bajrangi, the then state convenor of Bajrang Dal had led a mob of Hindutva terrorists, who burnt alive local Muslims and raped women in the Naroda Patiya.
A court in Bulandshahr has dropped the sedition charge against 38 people accused of violence in Bulandshahr in which a police inspector and a civilian were killed, their lawyer claimed on Tuesday. A total of 38 people, including local BJP and Bajrang Dal leaders, were arrested for the violence that broke out in Siyana tehsil of Bulandshahr on December 3, leading to the killing of Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh and villager Sumit Singh.
- When Ayodhya mediator Sri Sri Ravi Shankar asked Narendra Modi about the Gujarat riots
- Babu Bajrangi, The Terrorist Who Was Convicted For Killing Muslims In Gujarat In 2002, Granted Bail By Supreme Court
- ‘Need to See Bodies of Terrorists’: Families of Jawans Killed in Pulwama Demand Proof of Balakot Strike
- Sedition Charge Dropped Against Bulandshahr Violence Accused, Claims Lawyer
- Ask questions, get laathis in return: BJP mob thrashed Muslim youth
- ‘Dalit, minority voters missing from electoral rolls’
- Muslims Feel Threatened, Ruling Party Creating Rift Between Religions in Wake of Lok Sabha Elections: Farooq Abdullah
- PM Modi appears to plagiarise Imran Khan’s speech to woo Muslims in Patna rally?
- Nashik priest close to VHP & RSS arrested in Dubai for duping royal family
- Varanasi: Hundreds of Dalits locked for hours before Modi’s visit
Opinions & Editorials
- The idea of mediation in the Babri masjid case is inherently flawed – By AG Noorani
- The Violent Toll of Hindu Nationalism in India – By Eliza Griswold
- Pulwama changed election game for Modi so much it needn’t worry about EVM tampering charges – By Yogendra Yadav
- The politics of lynchings and the two-faced nature of the Hindutva hate brigades – By Humra Quraishi
- The anti-national newspaper! – By P Chidambaram
- #InternationalWomen’sDay- Working Class Women Take to the Streets Against BJP’s Manuvaad – By Sumedha Pal