INDIA’s 70th REPUBLIC DAY CELEBRATIONS
Topics for Competition:
India Republic Day Essay Contest (Ages: 17 & below)
Write an essay in no more than 500 words on any one of the following topics:
- Why was India called The Golden Bird?
- Who was Dr.B. R. Ambedkar?
- Celebrating India’s diversity and pluralism
- Clean politics and role the media should play
- My Favorite Indian Cuisine
1st Prize: Sony PS4 Slim
2nd Prize: Video Drone
3rd Prize: Hoverboard
India Republic Day Video Contest ( Ages 17 & below and a special prize for winner in Age:18 & above)
Submit a 2 to 4 minute Video on any one of the following topics (Contestants Must Mention Republic day contest organized by Indian American Muslim Council at the beginning of Video):
- Dress up as Freedom Fighters (5 different persons)
- Perform on a Patriotic Song
- Explain: Preamble to the Constitution of India
- Show Your Talent
- India and Its Diversity: Short Talk
1st Prize: Sony PS4 Slim
2nd Prize: Video Drone
3rd Prize: Hoverboard
Age 18 & Above: Winner will get a SAMSUNG 50″ UHD TV
Videos & Essays can be emailed, Videos can also be sent via WhatsApp or shared as YouTube links. Participants must mention Indian American Muslim Council’s Republic Day contest at the beginning of video
Email: email@example.com WhatsApp @ +91-9650349612
Results Will be announced by February 10, 2019 on our Website, Facebook page and Twitter
By participating in this contest, you will give IAMC the rights to publish videos
on its Website & Social Media)
Terms & Conditions:
• Anyone of Indian origin (Indian Citizens, Children or grandchildren of Indian Citizens) is eligible to participate • Must be original work By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. All Submissions must be received by Sponsor as required herein prior to the expiration of the Submission Period. By uploading a Submission in the Contest, Entrants hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following entry requirements: Submission is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; • Submission does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; • Submission is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group; • Submission does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its or members belonging to Sponsor Organization or other people, products or companies, including Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC); • Submission does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples” other than the Songs provided) without written permission; • Submission cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Contest Parties wish to associate or otherwise be objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor; and • Submission does not depict a, and is not itself in, violation of any law or regulation. Contest Parties may, in their sole discretion, remove and/or disqualify any Submission that is deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant. All Submissions must also comply with the Facebook terms and conditions located at http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=12406&tq#!/terms.php.
JUDGING CRITERIA: The judging panel will select the winners in their sole discretion. Release of Liability/Publicity and (iii) any additional required documentation.
ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, GRANT OF RIGHTS: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SUBMISSION MAY BE REPRODUCED ANYWHERE BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Entrants will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and the other Contest Parties from any third party claims to the contrary and any third party claims arising out of or related to Entrant’s Submission or participation in the Contest. By submitting a Submission and thereby entering the Contest, Entrants grant to IAMC a worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use, publish their individual name (first and/or last), group’s name, hometown, place of residence, Submission materials uploaded to the Republic Day Page or Contest Application and/or any other Contest related website, photo, image, voice, and likeness, in connection with the Contest and/or Submission in any manner and in any media and content whether now existing or later invented without any restrictions, including without limitation, in future trade, publicity and/or advertising for such Contest Parties products and/or services, unless prohibited by law. Entrants further agree: (i) that IAMC may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants; (ii) that IAMC shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant; (iii) that IAMC shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the Submission in any manner and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of IAMC use or non-use of Entrants’ Submission; (v) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges;
GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor/screen Submissions prior to posting them. By entering, Entrant acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Submission. SUBMISSIONS ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE CONTEST PARTIES IN ANY MANNER. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FRAUDULENT CLAIMS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS – AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Proof of making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants and Manger agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and judges and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time. This Contest is offered only in the United States. The copyright for any Content submitted for this contest will be jointly owned by the Entrant and IAMC and IAMC is not obligated to pay any form of royalty to anyone for the usage of the Content. SPONSOR: Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC) 6321 W. Dempster St. Suite# 295, Morton Grove, IL 60053-2848 Tel: 1-800-839-7270 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; © errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (e) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (f) inaccessibility of Republic Day Page or Contest Application and/or any other Contest related website in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (ii) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (iii) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (iv) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s account to receive e-mail; (v) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Republic Day Page, Contest Application and/or any other Contest related website; and (vi) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Republic Day Page, Contest Application and/or any other Contest related website or the download of any information from the Republic Day Page, Contest Application and/or any other Contest related website. Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Contest Parties, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively “Released Parties” and individually “Released Party”) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Contest. Entrant agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant hereby waive, release and discharge each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. MISCELLANEOUS: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or Sweepstakes Entity, or the inclusion of a product or service as a prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or Sweepstakes Entity or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.